<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, July 21, 2007

So I'm up to chapter 4 of the new potter. First impressions were slight disappointment at the smaller size than we've become accustomed to, but- happliy, unremitting pleasure of finally being able to read it. Already some theories I shared with others, and they with me, have been given more credence. And there's already been one true blue lump-in-the-throat moment.

Also saw the film there last week. Most accomplished so far I reckon. And much better than the hash they made of the last one. Hermione, though, still puts my teeth on edge.

But enough of that.

Had a most pleasurable weekend there last week when I went up for Olivia's surprise party, though headed to bed well before it all got too messy. Then headed en masse to Ballycastle again. Good old-fashioned family fun.

Also went to see George Clinton a few weeks ago in the company of Herr Loughlin et chums. Usually the sight of a pensionable male wearing a nappy on stage fills me with a sense of embarrased pity, but this time was different. 4+ hours of 30-odd musicians kicking 8 shades of phunk out of each other was, it turns out, what my life had been missing. That and a kebab. And I got one of those on the way home.

Last night, with rather clunking inevitability, I got hammered with a pleasing blend of mates, work buddies and family (well, Brenda, at least). Covered a lot more ground that I've become used to as well, visiting at least 2 watering holes, then hitting the floor in 2 clubs. All rounded off with a sound drenching on the long hard road back to rathmines at 4. Sigh. I have no words for the weather this summer. I'll try a sound:

mmmmwwwwwoooooohhhhhsssss MARRRRRRRRRRG!

...

No, I don't think that covers it either. Oh well.

Aido 'don't surf' Potato

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?