<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

So I’ve been blinded by the glitz of D4 and hence unable to do any writing. Now I’ve been successfully subsumed into the echelons of the elite my sight is recovering but I can no longer consume plebeian nourishment and can only eat the gall bladders of Malaysian fruit lizards marinated the tears of the poor and starving.

Yes, I’ve moved to Donnybrook. Goodbye to Rathmines. Goodbye to Sunny ‘Life is my experiment’ Bavs- the beating heart of Church Street towers. Goodbye to Ronan ‘The All-in kid’ Lynch- he of the 7 minute shower and the 20 minute sleep. Goodbye to Gusto ‘Shaddap Donnie’ Evangilisti- the consummate Italian. Goodbye to Gary ‘I’m too fucked’ Toal- holding on to the vestiges of a healthy lifestyle against all the odds. And to Mo. The Saddam Hussein of domestic hygiene. Thank you all- it’s been like watching life in fast forward.

The two new lads I’m living with seem like pretty decent old sticks too. Apart from the ubiquitous problem of football- which one must become accustomed to eventually- they’re a pretty good laugh.

The new jobs going pretty well too- I have become drunk on the power of the press and discovered that, far from being scared of the authorities of the land, they should be scared of me. Haha. (Not really, but I like to tell myself as much).

Easter transpired, as is does without fail. I think next year I may revert to the passé sacrifice of chocolate since getting a chocolate egg on Easter Sunday loses much of it’s appeal when you have been eating the stuff as often as you otherwise would anyway.

What else has been going on? Not too much, as it happens. Making the switch from weekly to monthly payment is a bitch- especially when you move house concurrently- I’m been too fucking broke to do pretty much anything this last few weeks.

Maybe I’ll right some more when something interesting happens. But I doubt it.

Aido "Apex of the political food chain" Potato

Oh- and congratulations to brenda b- go here for your prize:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d148/aidopotato/ShitEyedPeas.jpg

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?