<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, January 08, 2006

New year greetings to all you little greasegullets.
So I'm in dublin's fair city now, and have been since Tuesday. After a really epically bad christmas and NY, I came down to seek fame and fortune. From Mo's couch. Mo's place is amazing; huge, wood-y, with an a-mazing kitchen, lovely big rooms and lovely personable housmates. I'm constantly fighting the urge to tidy it up, but that aside, it's cool. And they play poker here, so I may discover an exciting new addiction. Brenda's been looking after me too, she's got a backlog of meat dad has sent down to her that she needs my help getting through. Job-wise, I've been handing CVs out to pubs, and I'm getting round to writing some articles for local mags, rags and newspapers. In the meantime, I'm going to do 3 weeks data entry at ronan's place which, he assures me, will sap my soul, but probably not as quickly as the bitter tang of poverty in dublin.
Anyways, thats the state of play at the moment. I'd love to thank everyone individually here who helped me remain sane during the last few months, but time doesn't permit, so I'll make do with saying a big, general thank you and recounting a few choice quotes from the last month:
"Ah, Aidan, I hear you've abandoned your life" -Ronan
"That's shit. Get your chin up, chest out- think of Jordan" -Edel
"Think of the kids!" -Shirley
"I don't know if it's true, but it's the kind of advice I'd like someone to give me" -Mo
"You go and dance the arse of yourself- but you'll undoubtedly end up dead" -Podge

Saw 'Brokeback Mountain' last night. Which was, it has to be said, marvellous. Both lead roles were perhaps just a shade 'off' in different ways, but still great, emotionally resonant performances in a gorgeous gorgeous film. Two dicks up.
Speaking of films and review, congrats to Jonno, who, through the sheer force of perseverance, has secured work for none other than Total Film. Bastard.

Been playing 'Resident Evil 4' which as anyone ITK knows, is-or at least is very close to- the shit. Not scary, but jumpy as hell, and really fun. As a precautionary measure to ensure I don't make a total fuck-up here in dub, I've left the PS2 up north, though I am looking forward to getting it back and putting that bitch to sleep.

Aido 'Fortune favours the fuckers' Potato

Comments:
Glad to see you are back!! P.
 
Glad to see you are back!! P.
 
Aido! Nice blogging fella. Must admit I've not read all of it yet, but it sounds like you are having fun n that. Have you got a MYspace? I have, and it rocks most excellently.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?