<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 26, 2005

Ah-hahahahaaaa…rabbish!

Coughing chunks of my putrid black lungs up at the moment, and consequently feeling a lil worse for wear.
Had a quiet week (aside from all the coughing) alone since Gillo has gone away, though I’ve not used the time as well as I might’ve. I did get one page of the comic done on Wednesday night, but on thursday disaster struck: Hyper Street Fighter 2- anniversary edition arrived in the post. There goes my day off. The car situation has been jinxed with circumstantial difficulties that, for once, don’t have their root cause in my own laziness and/or incompetence. The upshot of this is that I won’t be driving to Scarborough today, and instead will be getting a lift with John (Gill’s brother in law). While this is kind of a relief as I was not looking forward to the baptism by fire that is the A45 to Scarborough, I had managed to psyche myself up for it, so it’s a bit of an anti-climax. Still, plenty of time to have a ghastly fatal accident next week when (hopefully) I will get the car.

To all you fans back home eagerly awaiting my next visit- good news. The wait will not be long. I’ve booked the 3rd-7th oct off work. I’ve yet to book flights, but they will be on that week. And I’m flying to Dublin this time to avoid the risk of not getting down there like last time. The reason I’m telling you all this now is that I will be very very displeased if everyone else has decided to finally take that base-jumping holiday on the Christmas islands during the very week I’m home. Consider yourselves duly warned.

Finally, an obituary. We hereby commit to the earth Aido’s ability to drink. I’ve suspected it was unwell for some time now, but last Friday confirmed for me that it has shuffled off it’s coil and won’t be shuffling back. 3 drinks is as much as I can stomach now, and I feel the hangover begin before I feel even slightly tipsy. In case you were wondering, there is no fun to be had in this, so I’m drawing a line under it. Now I’m considering what exciting new vice I should develop in its stead.
Suggestions are more than welcome, as are free samples of products.

Aido ‘LizardInAManSuit’ Potato

Comments:
Yay! Aidan's coming to Ireland. Rock on.
Can't wait to see you man. It's been far, far, far, too long.
A bunch of us were at a festival called electric picnic there at the weekend. Great great stuff: my first festival. All the acts I saw were amazing. Goldfrapp, Royksopp, Arcade Fire, Fatboy Slim, Mercury Rev, Soulwax and 2manyDJs. All simply beyond belief.
On the saturday night, Fatboy Slim closed proceedings at 2am and then me and few others headed off to the silent disco, intrigued to find out what the fuss was about. In the queue, the thing seemed weird, the people were making a bit of noise, but there was no music and the every so often a large group would cheer loudly and once the crowd shouted "Hello! Hello! Alright! I'm at a place called Vertigo!"
So in we pop and grab ourselves some headphones. There were two DJs at the front, each on a separate channel and you could switch between which one you could listen to, which was a cool idea. Overall, I wasn't that impressed, the volume is too low to really get into it, you know the way at a gig or nightclub the music is everywhere and the bass is pounding? None of that. The other problem is that while jumping around/headbanging, the headphones tend to slip off. Its nice for a novelty, but I got bored with it pretty quickly.
The cool thing was that at one point, a few people started cheering a bit. I looked up at the decks and who was there but Norman Cooke himself and he took over one of the decks and did a set. Just then I got a tap on the shoulder and turned around to see a girl who said "Paddy? Are you Paddy O'Loughlin?" I didn't recognise her, but I nodded and said "Yeah." and she says "I'm Aidan's sister Brenda". Kick ass! I can't believe she recognised me in the middle of the disco. She seemed to be getting on very well.

Give us a bell as soon as you get over. We all have to hit the pub and catch up.

See you soon.

P.S. Gareth are you getting your fat ass down here too? Come on man, it's been too long.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?