<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 13, 2005

Hello.
I’m getting fed up with the library service.
A few of you will know that I set up a videogamers club in Hillsborough library before I left there, but have been carrying on with it since I left for Broomhill. The understanding was that Broomhill would spare me as often as they could (meetings are on a Monday evening which are traditionally dead) so long as Hillsborough would provide the cover in the event of Broomhill being shorthanded. To date Hillsborough have provided cover exactly no times, which results in me frequently having to call all the kids in the group and postpone the meeting. Every time I do this is costs me a few members and I am pissed off with it. I would cheerfully round the people responsible and slap them about like a ginger piñata if only anyone would accept responsibility for it. Everyone is eager to see this club succeed (I think) and have been pleased with the results to date, but not one of them is willing to actually physically help me achieve that, and so I am peeved.

Anyways.

Still haven’t been to see Star Wars of Sin City, though I will in the not too distant future, but right now I am creaming my jeans about the new Batman. I have been actively avoiding seeing any of it (save the odd screenshot), and history dictates that I am building to an inevitable disappointment, but I just can’t help being excited. I may even go on opening night.

Been watching ‘The Slayers’ anime TV series, which is really daft and simplistic, but not altogether bad; I haven’t watched enough of it to know for sure whether it’s a keeper or not.

Big Brother continues to plumb the depths. This week mardy lard-bomb les (or fat les and she’s unaffectionately known in our house) was evicted to a cacophony of jeering. I honestly don’t think she understood what was going on and would wager good money that if you asked her she would say “all the men thought I was gaaaageous and the women were just jealous. Jealous of what, exactly? Your udders? Perhaps your strangely absent eyebrows? Your Buoyancy? Or the fact that Craig was your only friend in the house? I should point out that Craig is to entertainment what cream eggs are to a successful diet. Seemingly inoffensive at first, but before you realise what’s afoot, the whole enterprise banjaxed. Charlie Brooker described listening to his voice like lying in your own coffin, listening to the sound of rain seeping in through the cracks; to which I can only add my envy that I didn’t make the comparison first.

Can’t wait for our holiday. Really looking forward to the wedding, just hoping that we can squeeze in all the things I’d like to do since I haven’t been home since Enda’s birthday last October.

PS. What are people making of the new Doctor Who? I’ll share my thoughts on the next post.
Aido p-noid potato

Comments:
Keep fighting the good fight man. Don't let the bastards get you down :)

I can't wait for Batman either. Cool thing is I'm getting to see it this evening. We're going on a company outing to see it. Plus, we're all practising Battlefield 2 (there's a demo out for it) to get a kick ass company team out of it.
How cool is that?

Sin City is really, really good. Don't miss it on the big screen.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?