<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, February 03, 2005

What's up all?
I'm in Hillsborough Library at the minute, ostensibly 'working' but no ones around so I'm catching up on a few things.
I went out to Firth Park yesterday for a meeting I'd been sent on by work. It's in a part of the city I've never been to before, so the bus journey was quite interesting. Somewhere between Grenoside and Firth Park was a long road of semi detached houses. All the ones on the right were occupied (or so it seemed) all the ones on the left were boarded up. With Metal. By the council. I'm talking about 30-40 houses here. What the fucks going on. Gill told me last night that there are over 100 people living rough in Sheffield, which I have to admit is lower that i might have guessed, but why the fuck is a whol streets worth of houses standing empty? You could fit 100 people in 30 houses no problem. I may even write to my MP.
Still no word from Mrs. Orr in Bolton, so I don't know if my script's sold, but I'm now a fully paid up member of ukscreen, and its cool to be able to make contact with industry bods at the touch of a button. I'm not exactly confident yet, but I feel it's a step in the right direction.
How good is 'Dragons Den'?
If you haven't seen it, do so. Its an incredibly compelling show. Basically a bunch of multi millionaires sit in an empty loft looking smug and stroking their piles of cold hard cash. Inventors ranging from genius' to dribbling lummoxes line up downstairs to take a turn at pitching their idea to the Dragons. They have to obtain at least the investment they came looking for, or they go home empty handed. What makes this show great is not only the range of inventions and business ideas, but the behaviour of the dragons themselves. Some are prone to sub-cowellesque cliches, some are strangely likeable (Like the American CAD investor who I started off detesting). Anyways, you gonna watch it.
Better get on now. Thing to do y'know.
Take care.
Aido

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?