<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, February 07, 2005

Roll up roll up!
It's almost lent again, and it's snuck up on me. I think it's wise to abandon the trusty Playstation for another year, but the smoking ban last year was only semi-successful and I'm torn as to whether it's worth the effort. Answers on a postcard to: 'See if you can better manage aidans life than he himself can' competition.
One thing I will certainly be kicking are McDonalds hamburgers. What's that you say? 'But Aidan, you haven't dined in the golden arches since 1991, and that was your first time'? Quite right, but having watched 'Super size me' this weekend, my anti fast food stance has taken on a renewed fervour. They are evil, I tells ya, and incompetently so, which is worse. I don't enjoy people being evil, you understand, but at least if there is a portion of sense and calculation behind the evil, I have something to respect. With McDonalds, it seems, everything just gets coated in sugar and fat- simply because they know the mass audience they reach like that shit and will eat it till it starts running out of their eyeballs in bloody glutenous gouts. Okay, so this didn't actually happen to Mr. Spurlock, but I suspect it would have if he had persisted in his quixotic quest.
Anyone played 'Psi-ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy'? Its my game reccommendation of the month. It came out late last year and I picked it up on eBay for a tenner a few weeks ago. Its cool, cos apart from the traditional 3rd person shooting action, you have a host of psi attacks at your disposal. Most fun to use is telekinesis, which allows you to pick up crates and fling them at baddies. Pick up baddies and throw them off buildings, into walls, into each other, into furnaces or high voltage generators. You can stand on a crate, telepathically float it around a room, plugging baddies as you go. Pick up explosive barrells, float them over enemies' heads before shooting them and god knows what else. Oh, yeah, and if you successfully sneak up on a baddie, you can pop his head a la scanners. Check it out.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?