<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Dia Duit.
Hope everyone is well and keeping things well bum. I'm good, though is lent is taking it's toll. Jonathan has relieved me of my PS2 because I couldn't stand it staring at me every evening like I didn't love it any more. Yesterday I had to train a bunch of aging female librarian how to set up and run their own videogames club like we have in Hillsborough, which was quite painful since I wasn't allowing myself to touch any controllers, but it went reasonably well, and they all left a little more enthusiastic about the idea than when they came, which is about as good as I could have hoped for.
The writing is going pretty well. I Wrote about 25 pages this weekend, which equalled all the work I'd done on the project previously, and I hope to do something similar this thurs.
Been watching 'Our Friends in the North', since I discovered we have it on video in the library. It's good innit? I'm not particularly a fan of grim, gritty socio-political epics, but this has got better than average writing and a whole shitload of kickass performances. I guess I didn't realise when it was on telly how much it benifitted the careers of all concerned, but it seems that everyone on screen has become, if not a household name, then at least a very familiar face.
Also finally watched Cube. Thoroughly enjoyed it too. Some of the performances in it were a bit melodramtic and camp (particularly the black guy) and of course the conceit felt a little stretched in places, but as an exercise in minimalist film-making, it was really quite amazing. What I liked most about it was that despite using just one set and amateur actors it never once felt cheap or underdone, and there was a very real sense that anything at all could happen as the captives stepped from cube to cube. Now for the sequels.
And I watched Rita, Sue and Bob too..., very much against my will I might add. To be honest, there were things in that I liked; it's got a really funny, quotable script, and the influence it had on people like Shane Meadows is very evident, but those sex scenes... good god. I know styles move on and all, but really, there was no need for everyone involved to be that butt ugly.
Anyhoo,
gotta get back on the clock.
Till next time,
Aido 'couch' potato.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?