<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 10, 2004

Greetings one and all.
Its been a busy week for a change. Lady gig on Sat, entertaining the guests on Sun, working late on Mon, stayed after work on Tue for pauls leaving do (he's going back to uni for an MA in history, fact fans) went to the Theatre (la-de-fucking-dah) on Wed with the folks from Gillo's work, which was dead good (teechers, its called, and though 18 years has taken the edge of it's satire a bit, still very enjoyable- and featured a Bad Girl (ie- from the TV show), thurs I was off but spent the evening touring around sheffield on foot looking for my man (as Lou Reed might say) and today, though I plan to calf as soon as I get in, has already been a bee-ach.
This really fat kid was on one of the computers, and this really old dude was on after him. Fat kid didn't come off straight away, and old dude tore him a new one. The stupid thing was they were standing there arguing at the top of their voices and neither noticed that all 3 other computers were free. Dicks.
Hooray! the OC is back on- jubilation all round.
Hooray! got Batman: The rise of Sin Tzu, which despite being a new game is quite reminicent of the old Streets-of-Rage beat-em-up heyday.
Hooray! also got Disgaea: Hour of darkness which is meant to very good indeedy. My collection was missing a RPG, and I've been waiting for this to get a european release for a long time because it's supposed to be one of the best. I've started playing it and its very cute and japanese, sprites can look a little cluttered sometimes, but so far, so good.
Boo! we went to a chinese buffet before the cinema to give me a chance to meet with Gills workmates. I hadn't been in their company for 10 minutes before doing something oafish: it was all their fault though. No-one explained to me that there was separate tables for starters, mains and deserts, so I just piled a plate high and sat down again, wondering why everyone else was nibbling prawn toast and bite size spring rolls.
Fuck that- it was still wicked value for munny. £7 all you can eat (in 1 1/2 hours, anyway) and the food was really good. (Though watching some of the greasy chavs who were in the queue with me gave me pause.)
Better go now,
later all.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?