<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, August 20, 2004

Gabba gabba hey bitches.
Well, been back in gloomy old steeltown for almost a week now, and it's been a tough recovery from uz holiday frolicks. The weekend passed in a haze from in and around the couch area, leaving me still pretty bushwhacked for work on Mon. Monday night I developed the wild shites and took tuesday off with a writhing gut. Wednesday- still not right but back to work with a slightly less explosive arse, and thursday I was off anyways. The council finally got round to paying the good geeks at playtime multimedia so I could go and lift all the hardware for this videogames club we're starting on monday coming. Gareth will be pleased to hear that I may befriend a new Gareth who is almost like him in every respect. He was the bloke I was dealing with in playtime, so having a job is already something of a departure, but he to is called gareth and shares many physical traits with the much maligned Mr. Donaghey. I'll not describe him, as I'm hoping to irk gareth so much he comes over here for a face to face Gareth-off, with me as the prize (woohoo!).
Had a kickass time at home. A weeks not long to squeeze everything in, but by the same token it's not long enough to get bored either. We didn't get to dub, or belfast or pretty much anywhere beyond Clogher, which would normally equate to a pretty poor time, but we both had fun and it was really cool to see everyone again (even if it was for a few hours on the final day of the holiday- by the way, what time did you guys get home out of Omagh at, and was Catwoman a great as I've heard it is?)
Paddy, in the unlikely event of you reading this, sorry we didn't get to see ya- next time- Niall, in the even more unlikely event etc... likewise, Ronan, (who I'm quite sure will never read this) you can sit around counting the flies on your dick or whatever the fuck it is you do all the time when I'm home.
Sayonara.

Comments:
hi aidan,
Paddy here. I was annoyed to have missed you guys too. I read your blog on the 30th July, but I didn't have your number to give you a call on the 7th August. Ronan was in Wales that week, Shaun wasn't answering his phone and I dont have Gareth Mk I's number, so I couldn't contact you and then work kept me from coming down on Thursday evening or earlier on Friday. Say hi to Gill for me. I hope I get to see you guys soon.
Bye,
Patrick J. O'Loughlin
 
Its 0244, Im wired on Vanilla Coke and twenty cups of coffee, and Im taking a break from trying to finish my brothers masters dissertation for Friday. And its increasingly looking like it wont be finished. I fucking hate Director MX and its inept flawed support for Javascript! Its fucking help files are even incorrect! And so too are the makers support center docs online! What a shit product.

I forget what the fuck Shaun did that day but I went home on the bus and played Doom 3 for the rest of the night. The game engine shows promise, but the game itself is rather average. Too many monster closets (it seems monsters from hell like nothing better when first arriving to our universe to hide inside sealed closets inside walls and wait for someone to pass by them) and too few interactive objects (99.99999% of all laptops are locked down - I suppose when they saw flying flaming skulls come right at them they all thought they better lock down their workstations before legging it incase the monsters ha><0red their email), and the major glaring ommission of having not one AI survivor buddy that can follow you for a bit of the way. Unlike HL2. It was rushed too judging by the common easy to spot and verify bugs like losing your current weapon/flashlight if you open your PDA. But enough about this! Final marks == 7.12/10

Gareth Mk2 sounds like my arch-nemesis. So you think if we touch we will cancel each other out ala Timecop? Or combine into one being, filling each other character deficencies to produce a super Gareth with power action kung fu grip and the force of justice on his side? I think we'll just give each other fleas.

Back to work now, only another 30 screens to go!

Gareth Mk1
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?