<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

So I know I've been quiet for a while. Things have been unusually busy (for me) and I never found the time.
I bagged the job at Broomhill (nice place, many poshos and students) which was what I was angling for, I guess, but the fact that Clea (the lass who is currently doing it, and has been for the past three years) is now in an unteneble position leaves a sour taste. This is the council in action folks, if there is a difficult, long winded and stressful way of doing something, thats guarenteed to shaft the frontline staff, you can bet your kinky boots thats the road for them. Whats really pissing me off is that, by rights, I should have taken this oppertunity to get the fuck out and find something else, but of course I didn't. Not to worry. I got the job.
I've finally began writing this opus that has been gestating since the trees went green again, too. Not just the incessant note-scribbling that usually passes for 'writing' in my spare time, but actual honest to goodness creative grafting. With punctuation and everything. So far I have written 4 pages. Not an avalanche of writing, admittedly, but I done them in about half an hour last week when I last had the time to actually sit down and do it, which is a good page-to-time ratio, and also getting the first few pages written and the story underway is, in my experience, the hardest part. When I actually started work on Thundercats, the script practically wrote itself (which speaks well of its quality).
Better get back to work.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?