<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 28, 2004

Right then...
Had me second interview today- this one's for the Business, Science and Technology LIbrary. It went ok too, but probably not as good as me last one. I'll find out the results of this one on wednesday too.
Its high summer and its really fuchking warm in Sheffield again. No good warm either. Sweaty warm. I was going like a child molester in me interview today, which was quite embarrassing as I was all dressed up in me interview blues.
What have I been watching? Went to see magic harry a wekk ago. Best of the bunch so far, by quite a way, but still not great. At least now it has some visual flair and a sense of magic, not just a ball of rushed CG jobs and sonambulist script. Actings still pretty poor, but Thewlis is kick ass as lupin.
Saw Cypher. Jeremy Northam. Lucy Liu. Utter. Cobblers. Why does it seem that no one can make a good Sci-fi movie anymore? I'm kinda looking forward to Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, but somewhere in my cold bitter heart I know its gonna let me down. So is Chronicles of Riddick and so is Spiderman 2. In fact, I'm swearing off comic adaptations. They can all fuck off. Unless they're based on indie comics (not superhero ones) I watched 'American Splendour' a while back and it was at least as good as Ghost World, and possibly better (very similar kind of movie, though). That goes for Hellboy, Kev Smiths Green Arrow, and whatever sort of fist Aronofsky makes of Watchmen. Yes yes yes, I know Aronofsky is dead good, but if the man cannot see that Watchmen should be left well alone, then he clearly doesn't understand it.
Better split. Big shouts out to Andrea (even though you probably don't read this anymore) celebrating her Birthday on the 23rd of June.

"Always do your best. If your best ain't good enough, do nothing as you'll just fuck it all up."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?