<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, June 03, 2004

HEY HO! LETS GO!
Happy days! I picked up this months GamesTM magazine (EDGE is so passe) and guess who got letter of the month. It was a rather rambling rant about how everyones obsessed about the next gen of consoles while the current ones haven't really lived up to all their early promise. Anyway, the point is they agreed with me and gave me £100 in vouchers to spend in Gamestation! How kickass is that? Anyhoo, the vouchers havn't arrived yet, but I'm already rubbin me hands with glee and thinking of all the things I want. Think I'll get an eyetoy, and Mario Bros: Superstar saga for starters...
In other news, we went out with Mean and Jonno and Marybeth on Sunday night to a quiz in town, got much more rat-arsed than I'd hoped and proceeded to make a tosser of myself back in means flat. I don't know about you, but whenever I see a balcony I am immediately compelled to flob of it. Since my common sense was already compromised this seemed like a great idea, and just below mean's balcony there was a telephone box with a burger box on top that I was aiming for. Couldn't hit it though, and most of my gozz ended up on west street or on the passing chav revellers. I'm not proud of this behaviour, but if anyone deserves black lungbutter trickling off their heads onto their shitty white clothes it's people like this, which is a small consolation.
Had a very nice barbi in Barnsley earlier on Sunday too, courtesy of Gillo's folks. Got to see Archie and Chloe. Chloe hasn't really come round to him any since he was born, and Alison told us that earlier in the week she had suggested 'chopping his head off and chucking him out', and reprimanded Jon for telling him not to play near the road. Archie, for his part, continues to be a Jackass baby. He walks pretty good now, and took chloe's pram and shoved it over the steps in Gill's folk's garden, giggling dementedly.
Also bumped into Phill (from ballard hall) getting off the train in Barnsley, and met his new bird. He's just come back from Cannes, where I'm told he saw the top of Cameron Diaz's head; oh, the glamour.

Comments:
You do realise that I have to punch you in the nuts for saying Edge is passe. Its aimed at adults. And doesnt auto give every game that bribes them 91% BEST GAME EVAR! shite every other mag does.
And congrats on the game vouchers. If you had a powerful PC I would recommend Morrowind, the latest RPG game eating at my soul and life. Its fucking excellent, so free form and HUGE. HUGE as in literal days to walk anywhere. So they got these silt striders which are giant ticks (as in the insect) which act are insta travel between places.

Soon To Be A Tree Gareth
 
Oh shit yeah, I recently found this book written in 1911 by a Strabane man called Flann O Brien. Its called Third Policman and is a like a surreal murder mystery.
I never thought someone close to home so to speak could write something worthwhile to read. Im in the mood to check if there are any other local authors.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?