<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, March 13, 2004

So I've just read Chuck Palahniuk's short story 'Guts' in the Guardian weekend. Didn't think it would have much effect on me, but as soon as I finished reading I felt really really sick- and I had to go to the bog, yet was scared to do so...
Anyways, this week has been fairly humdrum. Finished reading Neverwhere by Gaiman, very good it was too, and started on 'Timequake' by Kurt Vonnegutt. My day off this week was slightly more constructive than usual- I wrote a bunch of reviews of games and films in the morning, then sent them off as examples of my work to local papers. Since I'm in the jaws of a creative dry spell, I've decided to fill my time making little of the efforts of others to salve my ego. No doubt the local papers will think as much of my work as everyone else has (not much) but it is still, the action of posting something to someone gives me a fuzzy feeling of pro-activity that really quite hard to beat.
Those jism monkeys at Amazon have screwed me again. Well, perhaps not, but my order is taking ages. It all started in January when I ordered a calender and a DVD from them. Admittedly the calender had to be imported from Japan, but fast forward to March, and only now do they get round to telling me they cannot get it. Now the DVD (Which is Chinese, but on release over here) is over a week late, and when you consider that I could have walked into HMV and bought it two months ago (albeit at a cost of £10 more, probably), you may see why I'm irked.
Emma popped into work yesterday too. She knows someone who works on 'Sandman' (local music mag, not Gaimans masterpiece) and she reckons they are always pretty desperate for live music reviews, so even though I am singularly unqualified to write such things, the imperative to see my stuff in print means that I will probably start bombarding them with my witterings any time now too.
'As if' started again today. HOORAY! not as good as having it on on Sunday mornings, but I'm not complaining. And Sooz has done her hair all lovely and red.
Later...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?