<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 02, 2004

Oh to be rich...
I'm trying to not spend any money this lent on books/dvds/vids etc as I have an enourmous backlog of stuff waiting to be read/watched that I keep adding to rather than working through. The thinking was that this would save me a load of money too, alas it is not so. I can't seem to get through a day without some 'essential' purchase straying into my ken.
The smoking thing is not going well either; I've had two cigs this last two days, and a drag on Gills whenever she sparks up. Not as bad as it might be admittedly, but hardly the cold turkey treatment I'd envisioned.
I may or may not be applying for a new post in the library service. I would still be based at Hillsborough, but would be responsible for all the library service points having consistent policies and operating proceedures. The nature of the work does not really appeal, but the money is far better than what I'm on, and since I'm here working in the library, I figure I may as well try to advance myself...
Rapidly losing confidence in my future as a writer. I know all aspiring artists get knock backs and confidence blows, but even I am starting to suspect that it may all be self-delusion. I'll probably stick with it over lent at any rate- since I have eliminated every other thing I do with my spare time, more or less, but after that, who knows?

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?