<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 28, 2004

Last nite was Gillos leaving do from her old job. Quiet affair down the pub, but good all the same.
Snowed like a bitch yesterday so hardly anyone came to the library, allowing me to catch up on my reading. At the moment i'm into 'The curious incident of the dog in the night-time' because some damn fool left it lying under the counter in the kids library, where I'm left with plenty of reading time during the day. Also I started reading 'Tom browns schooldays', not because I really want to, you understand, but because I'm a big fan of Flashman, who as well as having his own series of books, crops up as the villain in this. Anyhow, I've just reached the stage in Flashman where he discovers Tom Hughes has published his book, publicly lambasting old Flashy at the height of his fame. I thought now may be a good time to check it out. Trouble is, I've now read flashys first five books where no oppertunity to decry Hughes as a self-righteous, snotty little toad-eater has been passed up, and now I feel the same way towards him myself. Sneering aside- it really is a very boring book, flashmans are much better. I'm also reading the graphic novel of 'Guards! Guards!' which is pretty crap if I'm honest.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?